Monday, July 28, 2014

SAN FRANCISCO - Fisherman's Wharf


Our last day in San Francisco! Before heading to the airport, we crammed as much food as we could into our final hours in the city, stopping at Fisherman's wharf for lunch and ice cream.

My dad and brother shared the sandwich, pictured above. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what was in it, but I think it was a porchetta sandwich with parsley and caramelised onions. The chips were my brother's idea, and probably one of his better one's too.


My brother also just got braces, and he's had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the pain. 

[In other words, he complains he can only eat soft food.]

So he just had to get a cheese plate (what a bougie 14-year-old), complete with assorted locally-made cheeses, almonds, nectarine slices, and stoneground crackers. Good God.

Not quite as carnivorous as my brother and dad, I opted for a Japanese salad duo: wasabi mashed potatoes and hijiki, a traditional seaweed dish with carrots. Both were okay, but the wasabi-potato combo got a little too weird by the 10th bite and the hijiki wasn't as good as my mom's. I was somewhat disappointed, but my drink made my forget my woes. I had an amazing Dry Blood Orange Soda, which was essentially sparkling water with a hint of blood orange. Perfectly refreshing. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a decent picture because of the dark lighting and extremely crowded nature of the space, so here are some donuts instead:


With only a few hours remaining before our flight, we quickly ate our lunches and dashed to a popular ice cream spot: Humphry Slocombe. Let me tell you. The line was LONG. Like winding around and around and blocking foot-traffic Long. Luckily, I had to go to the bathroom so I just made my dad do the dirty work and stand in line for me. 

Sorry, that was a bit too personal.



Anyway, after about a 10-15 minute wait, it was our turn. I opted for one of their most popular flavors: the Vietnamese Coffee. 

I N C R E D I B L E. 

My mom went to Blue Bottle Coffee instead, opting for an affogato, a traditional Italian dessert with ice cream and espresso. 


Rushing to make sure we didn't miss our flight, we briskly parted ways with Fisherman's Wharf, ice creams in hand as we speed-walked to the car.

Of course, our flight was delayed. 

(Sorry this was such a short post! As I told you, we were rushing for our supposedly on-time flight and I didn't have time to take as many pictures as I would have liked. I'll be back in a month when school starts though, so I'll have plenty of time to explore then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment