Monday, March 16, 2015

FOLKY BUSINESS


Back in January, I was on the hunt for Coachella tickets. Just seeing the names "Drake," "The Weeknd," "Florence + The Machine," and "Odesza" was enough to make me want to set up my computer, phone, and iPad to the Coachella website in the hopes that one would successfully enable me to purchase a ticket at noon, the day they went on sale.

And yet, I didn't make it.

Actually, it's more like I had to pick my cousin up from the airport so I couldn't be at the computer to purchase my ticket. On the upside, I did see The Weeknd at the airport...which could be considered a concession prize of sorts.



The reason I'm bringing up Coachella is because this outfit feels very music festival-y to me. The loungewear-inspired, lace-trimmed shorts have a bohemian tinge, and the hair adds to the whole indie music festival vibe. The thing is, I might not be going to Coachella this year.

I found someone who was selling his tickets on twitter and DM'd him for details. He said he was selling them for $1000, so I replied, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and unfollowed him. It's safe to say that my search for tickets was wildly unsuccessful.



Putting my sob-story about Coachella aside, this is probably one of my favorite outfits I've ever blogged about. I tend to stay away from boho-inspired EVERYTHING, but this look has just the right amount of prints and simple pieces, creating a really nicely-balanced look that can easily be taken from day to night.

To be honest, I wore this look with pointed black flats during the day, but went with nude heels for when I shot the look because they made my legs look better. But there's another example of how you can dress this look up or down, simply with a shoe change.



Another reason why I really like this outfit is because of its playfulness, thanks to a charm necklace and milkmaid braids. 350 days out of the year, I stick to my regular bun - it's just easier that way. Although I would love to have a personal hair stylist who could do my hair in effortless curls every morning, I have neither the money for that, nor the patience to do it myself. Hence, the bun.

But every once in a while, I get a bit creative. These milkmaid braids are actually pretty easy, as long as you have around 20 bobby pins. Just create a clean middle part, then two pigtail braids. One at a time, pin the braids up the crown of your head, using bobby pins to secure them from both sides. After both are pinned up, remove the hair ties and tuck the ends under the braids, pinning to secure.

And if you're planning on going somewhere a bit more formal, just add a black blazer!


Heels - Steve Madden (similar here) | Shorts - Urban Outfitters (similar here)T-Shirt - Asos | Blazer - H&M (similar here) | Necklace - Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment