Thursday, March 26, 2015

GO GET EM TIGER



I hate Sundays. Sunday is the day of the weekend that's not really a day off. Sunday is a day for worrying and sadness, when you spend your time trying to grasp the fact that tomorrow is Monday and you have a ton of work you neglected on Friday night and Saturday that you now have to do.



Here's how to make Sundays bearable: spend your morning hiking and eating a good breakfast, then get down to business for the rest of the day.

Over winter break, my brother and I took the Hollyridge Trail hike to the Hollywood sign, then drove 15 minutes to Larchmont Village for brunch at Go Get Em Tiger.


I've been on the Hollywood sign hike a few times before, and it's somewhat underwhelming when you realize you can only go behind the sign. Nonetheless, the view at the top is pretty incredible, and you feel somewhat accomplished knowing that you got in some exercise.

Logan was similarly underwhelmed (this was his first time on the hike). A mile in and he was already over it, groaning about how he was hungry.

What did I do to appease him? What anybody can do to tame a pissy teenage boy: provide food.



Everything on the menu at GGET looked absolutely amazing, and if I had the metabolism of a Victoria's Secret model, I probably would have ordered more than I did...which was still quite a lot.




Though they only had one person managing all the food orders (while there were three baristas), our food came out in about five minutes, which was pretty surprising, given that Logan and I each ordered two items.




Logan's savory item was the homemade biscuit with soft-scrambled eggs, blistered tomatoes, and salsa verde. The biscuit was fluffy and buttery, and blistered tomatoes were warm and bright.


He also got the churro waffle with chocolate dipping sauce. It was like cinnamon toast crunch, but in waffle form, with a side of super smooth and rich dark chocolate sauce. If this is brunch dessert, then I want to have brunch dessert all the time.


For my sweet item, I wanted something a bit lighter, so I ordered the toasted brioche with ricotta, berries, and honey. I guess that's not much lighter...but hey, it's the thought that counts. The brioche was absolutely delicious - sweet, buttery, and crunchy. The ricotta paired perfectly with the drizzled honey and fresh berries.

I now want to eat this dish for breakfast every morning.



The lunch part of my brunch (aka the savory component) was a roasted kabocha and dandelion salad with pomegranate seeds, pepitas, dates, and pecorino toscano. The dressing was tangy, which went really well with the hearty kabocha and bitter greens.

Overall, I was really satisfied with my GGET experience.
If you're ever in Larchmont, you should definitely go check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment