Thursday, October 8, 2015

OCTOBER MOOD BOARD

October Mood Board

October Mood Board by caitlinntayy

I've decided to start creating mood boards. Not that my Pinterest account isn't enough of a mood board (and an insanely organized one, at that), but I thought it would be fun to create collage-y mood boards to draw inspiration from each month.

October (especially in LA), is an awkward month. While other North American states are experiencing cold weather, our temperatures are somehow still in the high 80's an 90's. No, seriously. It's going to be 99 degrees this weekend. IT'S ALMOST MID-OCTOBER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!

As I was saying, October is an awkward month. It's hot, but magazines and stores are featuring beautiful knits, coats, boots, and holiday shopping deals...

This mood board is a celebration of what Fall in sunny Los Angeles means - palm trees and "cheat" cold weather wear. As much as I would love to wear a leather jacket right now, doing so would probably end with me dying of heat stroke, so I might opt for something like a leather bralette instead - it's "Fall," but with a summery twist. Are you catching my drift?

More things I'm inspired by this October:
-unique eye makeup - a swipe of dark green eyeliner in the crease of your eyelid. It's unique, without being too crazy.
-oversized structured silhouettes
-neutral color-blocked kicks

No comments:

Post a Comment