Monday, August 18, 2014

PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUT - leaving LA + a cool, (almost) all-black outfit


Guess what?! I leave for Berkeley in THREE days! I mean, three days from when you guys see this. I'm writing this a bit earlier...you know...to be prepared and get ahead. I think about it as building study skills. Maybe the fact that I'm writing this post a month in advance is a sign that my Freshman year will be smooth sailing on the academic front.

One can only dream.


It's funny that one of the first things I talked about on this blog was my love for the color black, followed by a complete lack of black clothing items in my outfit posts. Well, here you go! An almost all-black outfit!! 

I wore this ensemble when I went out to lunch with my friend Katie and both of our moms. Want to read about our delicious meal, read HERE! Despite the fact that it was 90 degrees out (maybe I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty hot), I decided to wear my Uniqlo black skinnies with a black leather cami from Zara (that I unfortunately can't find online anymore). To keep the look summery, I finished the outfit with some Vince Camuto sandals (that I also can't find online anymore) and my favorite Michael Kors watch. 


What I love about these sandals is that they're multicolored, but not to the point where they look too busy. The chunky heel is gold, while the straps are a pinkish-orange and caramel-colored. I got these beauties a few years ago, and I don't wear them too often, but when I do, I swear they really completely an outfit.



So next time you want to try all-black, just know you can add a pop of color to keep things fresh and avoid those "Are you goth now?" comments from your older relatives. 

Oh, and here's a bonus picture of the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment