Monday, August 25, 2014

BROKE KIDS OF BEVERLY HILLS - schoolgirl vibes + expensive cars

confused as always

By the time this post is published, I'll have arrived in Berkeley! As my departure date nears, (that sounds a lot more dramatic than it actually is, especially because it's only right up the coast) I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss living in LA. On any given day, I can literally just drive up to Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, or all of the above. I guess I never really appreciated the access I have to all these incredible places, until I realized I would have to leave. You never know what you've got 'til it's gone, I guess.


My brother (he's 14, almost 15 years old) kind of has a thing for cars. There are a few times where I've gotten texts from him saying "I just saw an Aventador. I cried." I never used to be into cars, but living with him, I've learned a few things, one of them being that if some attractive guy pulled up next to me in an Aventador and asked if I wanted to go for a ride, I'd most definitely say "yes." Now if this hypothetical scenario actually occurs, hopefully the driver won't be creepy/rapey. 

Cutting to the chase, I decided to drive my brother and cousin (who's visiting from Japan) to the hills to see if we could find any nice cars. A few freeway exits away from Beverly Hills, we spotted a Porsche Spyder, so we knew we were well on our way. Right after parking, we found a Bugatti Veyron, pictured above.

Apparently, it's worth over 1.5 million dollars. Welcome to LA.


We eventually lost track of the countless Rolls Royce's, Audi's, Porsche's, and Bentley's cruising down Santa Monica Blvd. Mind you, this was all over the course of an hour and a half. We did find a custom pink and gold Rolls Royce (which was absolutely hideous), but did this really surprise me, given that I live in LA? Not really.


With school starting, I've been doing a lot of back to school shopping. And what better way to ring in the new school year than with a mini schoolgirl skirt? I've had my eye on this skirt for a while now, and I finally got it. I'm in love. I have to say, it's definitely mini. Like 'be careful if there's a breeze' mini. But wearing it with a cami and some flatform high-top converse, let me tell you. I felt like a bad bitch. The french braid pigtails helped too. I think I took schoolgirl to the next level. 



I would tell you where the cami I'm wearing is from, but I literally don't remember, and I'm pretty sure I paid $15 for three, so you can wear any cheap cami with this skirt. See, I'm already thinking like a broke college student. Sunglasses? I've been wanting a pair of mirrored sunglasses for almost a year now, but I just paid $120 for my TOMS sunglasses so I wasn't looking to spend another small fortune on a pair. Luckily, Forever 21 had my back and I found these amazing sunnies which have a matte clear frame and mirrored blue-green frames for $5.80. I actually just found out that they're men's sunglasses. Who cares?! I think sunglasses are pretty much gender neutral. 


My shoes look (and are) so dirty in this picture, but I promise you, they're a great buy. In my defense, they're my concert shoes (so far, I've worn them to Coachella, Hard Summer, and the Monster Tour). I've also been trying to amp up my jewelry collection by the time school starts, and I started with a delicate gold choker with a moon charm from Urban Outfitters. 

This outfit will probably emerge one way or another once school starts, as long as I can bear it (get it? Because Berkeley's mascot is a golden bear). Good luck back to school shopping! 

And remember, be a bad bitch. Get the American Apparel skirt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment