Monday, September 1, 2014

A BELATED 4TH OF JULY


I'm a college kid. I feel old. And I also feel like a giddy 5 year old excited for kindergarten. Not to say I'm immature. I'm just absolutely ecstatic. Between exploring Berkeley and San Francisco, meeting new people and trying to comprehend the hippie vibe here without becoming a hippie, I'm trying to find time to write blog posts. Classes haven't started at this point, so we'll see how consistent I am with my "one post per week" quota once I actually start classes.


The week before leaving for Berkeley (and even the day before I moved in), I was still scrambling to get shopping done. With a heavy heart I made a final trip to the beach, soaking in the summer sun before giving myself up to the temperamental Northern California weather. 


Of course I picked Santa Monica because not only do you get the beach, but also amazing shops within walking distance. Just overlook the fact that the water in Santa Monica apparently exceeds state standards for contaminants and pollution...so there's that. Even given the fact that there was a great white shark sighted in Santa Monica the day before, I was still set on making the most of my day at the beach. And I did. And I'm still alive, without even a shark bite. 


While at Santa Monica, I made a trip to Brandy Melville and despite my intention of saving money, spent over $100 there...whoops. Despite this rather (some might say) careless transaction, I don't regret a thing. I got two dresses, including the one pictured here, a necklace, and two shirts for just over $100, so I actually think I got a pretty good deal. I really love this dress. It has red and blue stripes, it's tight in the waist but flows out a bit after, and the spaghetti straps (as well as the really, really short length) keep it playful and summery, which is good, given that Autumn is right around the corner. Wow, I'm so good at planning outfits in accordance with the seasons.


The thing is, I don't think I wore a very patriotic ensemble for the 4th of July, which is why I'm using this as my belated Independence Day post. Does it count? Am I patriotic enough? If my belated patriotism invalidates my American citizenship, at least I have dual citizenship...the perks of being mixed race.


ITEMS WORN + WHERE TO PURCHASE: lighting bolt necklace, crescent moon necklace, dress

No comments:

Post a Comment