Monday, February 2, 2015

OVERSIZED TURTLENECK KNIT


I have a rekindled love for turtlenecks. 

I remember my mom buying me turtlenecks when I was a kid. As I entered late-elementary/early-middle school I decided I hated turtlenecks, and vowed to never wear them again.

Well I've obviously gone back on my word, but that's because TURTLENECKS ARE COOL (at least they can be).


Before we continue, yes, I am aware that I have about a million and one baby hairs. And I hate every single one of them.

Glad that's out there.


Balance out a chunky-knit, oversized turtleneck sweater with sleek black leggings (I actually wore yoga leggings from Victoria's Secret Pink...go ahead and laugh at my basic bitch status) and a pointed-toe flat.


I can't get over these shoes from Asos, which I got for only $32!!! I'm a size 8.5 in shoes, but Asos doesn't have half-sizes so I opted for a 9. When I first tried them on, I thought they were a bit large, but they're very comfortable and the 9 was definitely the right choice. The strap detail on these is really gorgeous, and has a sort of cutout effect.


The clutch is from Madwell, and is a really great piece for when you're out running errands. I love it because it has tons of pockets for credit/gift cards, as well as a smaller compartment for keys or other valuables.




And if all goes wrong and it turns out you don't look so great in turtlenecks, you can just pull up that neck part and hide inside your sweater...like a turtle.

See? Turtlenecks are cool.


Sweater - Zara (similar here) | Leggings - Victoria's Secret | Shoes - Asos | Clutch - Madewell

1 comment: