Thursday, January 1, 2015

SHOP MY ZARA WISHLIST

ZARA DEC 2014 WISHLIST by caitlinntayy
I recently read a very interesting post on one of my favorite food blogs, Minimalist Baker, about how to run a successful blog. And I have to say, it gave me a lot to think about in terms of what kind of posts I want to write, what message I want to convey, and what I want to accomplish as a blogger. One of the most striking points in the article was about selflessness.

One of the struggles I've had throughout my blogging experiences (from the tumblr account I've had since 9th grade, to my food blog I started for my senior project in high school, to now), is gaining a good following - a group of people who are excited to hear what I have to say. I love blogging because it's something I'm passionate about. Even if no one read my content except myself and my family, I would continue blogging because it's what I love to do. And yet, there's something insanely satisfying about getting a comment from a complete stranger. Whether it's "Wow, I made this recipe today for Fathers' Day and my dad absolutely loved it, thank you so much!" or, "Love this post! I'm definitely going to buy that skirt," there's nothing quite like getting that kind of feedback and knowing that there are people out there besides those in your immediate friend/family groups who are interested in hearing what you have to say.

Knowing that you are an inspiration to others is a pretty amazing feeling.

Which brings me back to Minimalist Baker's wisdom - don't be a selfish blogger. Reading that article taught me to post content that will help people in some way. So I've decided to start a wishlist series. A few times a month, I will be posting "wishlist" posts with links to items that are currently on my (very expansive) wishlist, complete with styling tips.

I hope you guys are on board with this idea, and I also highly encourage you check out Minimalist Baker's blog! It has AMAZING recipes, in addition to tons of tips on photography and blogging.

Here's to making the most of the last few days of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment