Monday, February 23, 2015

EASY, CLASSIC DENIM


You've probably seen enough of my neighbor's garage, which I use as the background for almost all of my outfit posts...so I decided to switch things up with BRICK walls. Watch out.


This outfit feels somewhat mature in comparison to my other outfits, which are more minimalistic and somewhat playful. This might have something to do with the fact that I've been struck with the alarming realization that I'm not getting any younger. While I love growing up and gaining more independence, it's a little scary when you realize all of the responsibilities that come along with adulthood.




I now go to doctors appointments by myself. Every time I leave for an appointment, I'm scared I'm going to forget my insurance card or something, and then I'll be rejected by the receptionist. I don't even know what runs through my mind, but it's not quite the calm that I feel when I know my mom's taking care of everything.

For now, at least I can give off the illusion of a put-together, independent adult with this outfit...(that was a crappy transition - I apologize).


This outfit would be great to wear to an interview or a more formal lunch meeting. Flare jeans feel...not OLD, but mature. These jeans are a bit long, but that's fine with me, because it means heeled boots! A flare jeans + chunky-knit white sweater combo feels classically American, but the look still felt a bit heavy, so I added some lightness with a super-thin embroidered scarf.

So the next time you're feeling not-so-adult, just level-up that outfit from sweats and a sweatshirt, to an easy, classic look like this one. Then, remember you can successfully make that doctors appointment, no sweat.

If that still doesn't work, get your nails done. I recommend claws in a vamp-y merlot color.




Jeans - J Brand (similar here) | Sweater - J Crew (similar here) | Scarf - Dries van Noten

4 comments:

  1. oh my god I'm in the same boat. I realized there are going to be interviews and professional things in the near future, panicked, and went online shopping for slacks and blouses (and ended up buying cropped shorts too whoops)
    love the Old Town backdrop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOO sorry I didn't even see this comment until now, so it made me so happy!!!! Yeah, business casual is such a touch thing because it can be on the casual or more formal side. Always hard to pick an outfit that works within that SUPER VAGUE umbrella of "business casual." This look is definitely more on the casual side, but you could easily dress it up with some slacks or a cute (longer) skirt! :)

      Delete
  2. I like this outfit and the background, they compliment eachother well :) your nails are gorgeous too!
    Dalal xo, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loooooove dark colors for the nails, and it had been a while since I had done a nice dark reddish tone so I loved these nails! Thank you so much for the comment, and I apologize for the late reply!!

      Delete